If you’re a recruiter or sourcer, do you often find yourself starting your day early or staying up late to coordinate interview scheduling, pull together spreadsheets and reports, or search for tools that can improve your sourcing effectiveness? If you’re a talent acquisition leader or recruiting manager, are you looking to speed up your candidate sourcing and recruiting process while improving your quality of hire?
You are not alone! These are common and very real challenges that sourcers, recruiters and talent leaders face every day. That is why our team has decided to share some of our favorite candidate sourcing tools and Chrome extensions that we personally use and recommend to our clients to help optimize their recruiting and sourcing efforts.
These 43 employee sourcing tools for recruiters will help accelerate your hiring process, improve your productivity, and give you more time back, so you can focus on tasks that deliver strategic value: connecting and building strong relationships with top candidates throughout the hiring process and developing a healthy talent pipeline for your organization.Recruiting & Sourcing Chrome Extensions
- Discover.ly shows you a contact’s information from social networks as you browse them in your Gmail inbox. With the extension, you can also see any mutual Facebook friends and recent tweets on their LinkedIn profiles. On their Facebook profiles, you can see their work experience on LinkedIn as well as recent tweets and mutual connections. Who says Gmail, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter can’t be friends?
- Evernote is great for recruiters and sourcers who do not have an ATS. It’s a candidate sourcing tool you can use to pull LinkedIn profiles in as you interview and take notes. Your notes are searchable with tags and keywords, and you can share and collaborate with your team on your notes. With the Evernote Web Clipper extension, one click can directly load a LinkedIn profile you’re viewing into your folder in Evernote, saving you the effort of copying and pasting.
- Entelo is a tech sourcer and recruiter’s best friend. The extension lets you view a candidate’s complete Entelo profile and presence on the web, make notes, add to your lists and email them, right from the sidebar. The “More Likely To Move” feature also shows you how open candidates are to new opportunities, so you don’t waste time and resources on the wrong candidates
- The Indeed Recruiter Extension can clip and drop data from job boards, career sites and social profiles into most ATS and CRM systems, allowing you to collect candidate and recruiting data more efficiently. If you want to message a candidate, on LinkedIn for example, this powerful extension can automatically paste your preloaded web communication templates into the message field and personalize your messaging, saving you time from doing manual copying and pasting.
- Rapportive shows you everything about your contacts inside your inbox, including their current job, company, LinkedIn profile, recent tweets, and even shared interests and connections to help you establish rapport.
- Clearbit Connect lets you find any employee email at any company with just a few clicks, all within your Gmail compose window. The extension also shows you contextual data when someone emails you, so you know exactly who you're talking to, including their role and company information (company type, number of employees and funds raised).
- Aeroleads Email Finder allows you to search and find candidates on sites like Google, LinkedIn, AngelList, and more. With one click, you can automatically add them to your Aeroleads list with all their contact information, such as email and social media accounts.
- Anymail finder let's you find the email address of anyone at any company with just one click! When using the extension with LinkedIn, it automatically searches for a candidate’s contact information when you browse their profile. No more typing!
- Intelligence Search is a Facebook search tool that lets you search and find candidates based on a number of criteria like job title, location, age, gender, language spoken and Facebook groups membership.
- Hunter helps you find people’s email addresses from any websites. The extension also allows you to save your potential candidates on LinkedIn, which you can then download in CSV files or sync with CRM systems like Salesforce and Pipedrive.
- Data Miner is a great web scraping tool that lets you extract and save data into Excel spreadsheet files from any websites, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Google and AngelList. With over 40,000 data extraction recipes, just one click and you can scrape the data you need in seconds from most websites without doing any actual coding.
- AmazingHiring searches for different social networks of a candidate you’re browsing on LinkedIn, so you’re able to see everything about them, from their projects on GitHub to Stackoverflow, About.me and other sites they are on.
- Feedly is my favorite content aggregation and curation tool. You can use it to find, organize, read and share content that is relevant to your audience. I can’t stress how important it is for recruiters and sourcers to maintain a social media presence. A strong personal brand is the key differentiator that will separate you from other sourcers and recruiters, so you can successfully connect and hire the top candidates your company needs.
- Hootsuite is one of the best free social media management tools out there that you can use to schedule tweets, share content, monitor conversations, keywords or hashtags on social. In addition, you can manage your updates on other social channels like Facebook and LinkedIn, all from one platform.
- Buffer is a social media management tool similar to Hootsuite Chrome extension that allows you to schedule updates and add content to your queue as you’re browsing the web.
- TweetDeck is a great free Twitter management tool and dashboard you can use to post, schedule and share content on all the Twitter accounts you own. To top it off you can search content and organize tweets by different categories, such as by topics, interests and conversations, all in real-time.
Productivity & Email Management Tools
- MixMax is a fantastic productivity and email management extension for those working in Gmail. MixMax allows you to both schedule emails and track who and when people have opened your message. Its one-click meeting scheduling feature is great for booking candidate interviews in just one email, so there’s no more back and forth messages or double bookings! There are other awesome features you can use like templates, document, and video embedding, and so much more.
- Youcanbook.me allows you to create and embed your meeting booking page on a website to allow people to directly schedule time with you. The tool also automatically sends people a confirmation email when they make a booking and creates an event for it on your Google Calendar.
- Cirrus Insight is a free Chrome extension that works just like MixMax’s one-click meeting scheduling. The tool monitors your availability, so people won’t double book you. It also automatically detects and converts your availability to the time zone recipients are on when you send your schedule.
- Streak lets you manage the entire recruiting process in Gmail without going back and forth between your inbox and other tools. You can track applicants in your email, monitor open messages, share with your team resumes and your email correspondence with candidates, set email reminders for follow ups and next steps, and create email templates.
- Briskine helps you write better emails faster. The extension allows you to create email templates, insert them quickly in your message and personalize them in seconds. No more copying and pasting! You can even share your templates with your team.
- Boomerang allows you to schedule email messages, track opens, and set reminders for follow ups. What’s cool about this extension is that it allows you to snooze incoming emails and bring them back to your inbox at a specified time, keeping your inbox clean but at the same time making sure you don’t lose track of important emails.
- OneTab reduces tab clutter when you have too many tabs open in Google Chrome. The extension converts your tabs into a list, which you can access individually or all at once later. OneTab saves you up to 95% computer memory, making your browsing easier and faster.
Image & Graphic Creation Tools
- Canva makes graphic design easy and quick for everyone. With a free account, you can make everything from social media banners to posters and infographics or even videos, using your own assets or Canva’s collections of free templates and graphics.
- Wordswag lets you add text to photos on your phone in seconds, which you can use to promote your job postings and other recruiting or employer brand content on social when you’re on the go.
- Piktochart is a free and easy-to-use tool that allows you to create beautiful visuals like infographics and posters.
- PicMonkey lets you make basic photo edits and quick touch ups and add special effects like filters. If you want more advanced features, you can get a paid plan for less than $40 USD a year.
- GIMP is another free graphic design tool that lets you create and edit visuals and images. It’s very much like Adobe Photoshop without the expensive price tag of purchasing the actual graphic design software.
Artificial Intelligence Tools
- Karen.AI - This is a new recruitment AI that can analyze and rank thousands of resumes. It also possesses the ability to engage directly with candidates via a chat which can answer candidate questions, as well as perform pre-screens.
- Butterfly.AI - This is a real-time leadership coaching platform which can engage current employees regarding their work performance as well as provide data on micro and macro trends throughout the organization.
- FAMA - FAMA is, in its purest form, a social media screener which performs an analysis of a job candidate’s identity online, all while providing the screening team with information which is within EEOC and FCRA compliance.
- Entelo - This recruitment screening tool scientifically selects the strongest potential candidates based on tailor- made criteria.
- TalVista - This program utilizes AI and algorithms that streamline the whole hiring process. This includes aiding in writing job descriptions which can be aimed at improving outcomes of specific hiring goals such as gender diversity.
- Recruiting.ai (Olivia) – Olivia is a personal A.I. Recruiting Assistant helping to transform the candidate and recruiter experience through a human like chat interface helping to screen and engage candidates, automate scheduling, and answering candidate FAQs.
- My Ally – My Ally’s AI-powered sourcing tool can take over all complex coordination tasks typically handled by recruiting coordinators or admins such as scheduling phone screens and on site meetings, answering questions, sending reminders, coordinating multiple interviewer schedules, scheduling conference rooms, sharing travel information and providing metrics for transparency into the hiring process.
- Eva Bot – Smart virtual assistant that sends out personalized corporate gifts at scale. Just cc Eva in an email or install Evabot on Slack. Many companies are using this tool to send a thank you gift to high profile candidates after the interview. She is even helpful with scheduling and gathering NPS scores on candidate experience.
Curated Favorites from the SourceCon Community
- Hire EZ - Hire EZ's AI-driven sourcing and recruiting solution empowers 10x faster talent sourcing with AI sourcing/recruiting, contact finding, and boolean building.
- Glossary Tech - GlossaryTech for LinkedIn is your tech recruiting and sourcing assistant.
- Airtable - Airtable works like a spreadsheet but gives you the power of a database to organize anything.
- Our favorite tool, the SourceCon Community!